AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have 5 year old Polk rt-12 mains/200 series center/RT5 rear bookshelf speakers.

I just upgraded my Diva order to 6.1-mains/C3-center/4.1 rears!

I know there is another thread about Polks new top of the line but what I want to know is the difference I'm going to se between my middle of the road 5 yo Polks and the Diva 6.1's night and day or just slight improvement?

Basically, am I tossing away $2K+ or will this Diva set-up give my Polks a beating?

thanks Vince

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've never heard Divas, but as the owner of a pair of Polk 7s, circa 1979, I'd be interested to hear/read what you think when you get your Divas broken in.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Me too. I also own Polks and I have heard a lot of very good reviews of the Diva Swans 6.1, from people here in the forum and elsewhere. If you could review the comparison when you get them, that would be great! :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick Polk/Diva Update:

I got my Divas yesterday(6.1/4.1/C3) I had only 1 hr to play w/ them last night. I will comment only on the C3 center channel and wait on the 4.1 +6.1 comments until I have had time to see their real beauty.

I watched about 1hr of the matrix DVD and I could to tell in 10-15 min that the Diva center channel blows the Polk series 200 speaker away and 1 notch better than the cs40i new Polk center channel. You can hear the rocks crunch under Neo's feet in the Uzzi gun battle scene w/ the girl while the guns are going off. The speaker can separate those audio signals the Polks cannot.

Vince

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.