AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a cursory search of the forums and did not see much relevant to this subject.

How often does your ReplayTV loose synchronization with the video? I would say that at least once previewing session, my 5080 is out of synch.

Sometimes turning it off fixes it, but other times, it does not.

I have the sound going through a Sony Amp, and the Svideo going through the amp also. It may be significant to note that this does not happen when playing a show recorded earlier.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is the sound ahead of, or lagging behind, the video? If the audio is AHEAD of the video, it's relatively possible that you aren't truly running the signals in parallel.

I initially had the sound out of sync in my setup because of the way the audio and video signals were routed at the time.

The ReplayTV buffers the audio and video as it encodes and decodes them on the fly. Technically, when watching TV through the replay, it is delayed a couple of seconds because of this buffering/encoding/decoding within the ReplayTV. I had my audio signal going from the TV straight into my tuner, and since it wasn't routed through the ReplayTV, it was playing truly live, not buffered. The video going through the Replay, however, was buffered and slightly delayed. Real-time audio + delayed video = audio leading the video by a couple seconds.

If this is the case, check how it's wired, the path that's actually being taken by the audio and video feeds, and that both are ultimately coming from the Replay.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have this problem when watching recorded programs, but my audio lags behind the video for a fraction of a second. What do I need to check or do? (5040).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.