AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried finding information on this, but it was rather hard. Possibly it doesn't make much difference?

I have a room 13'x21'

It is set up currently (and has been for years) with the system set up so that the mains are on the long wall.

Is there any reason I would want to go across the length of the room instead?

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Good room for putting front speakers on short wall. Of course you didn't note where the door and windows are located. This way is much better for a projector and more seating.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is one large window on a short wall, and an opening on one side of the long wall (on the other end from the window).

*There are large metal filing cabinets that take up most of the rear long wall.* I have it set up so that they affect the sound equally on both sides. If I were to move it so the speakers go on a short wall, I could not change anything else.

It may just be better to keep things how they are and focus on the problems with the speaker positioning. For example, the surrounds are feet above my ears, likely not good?

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
It sounds like this isn't a dedicated listening room. You need a pro to help you set up correctly but it doesn't sound like you're really intent on doing anything.

If you want it done correctly it will take time and money and know how!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't be here asking this if I had the money to just do it and not sit around every day thinking about it

I have a sonosub I recently built and I am still trying to get an amp for it, but even on 100 watts the rattles of 40+ pictures are bad... Right now I am doing what I can to stop any rattle I identify.

It's funny because all I do in the room is listen to music and watch movies, yet there's all this extra stuff that is just taking up space.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.