AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an inexpensive RCA HTIB system that sounds great in a small TV room BUT it shuts off randomly as though the Harmony Remote turned it off.. It will work anywhere from 5 seconds to 2 hours then just shut off... You can again turn the RCA sound system on and the problem repeats itself. I have removed all other IR sources / remotes from the room and the problem persists. Here is the kicker... once I turn the Samsung Plasma TV mounted above the sound system off, the sound system works and stays on forever. I am sure that the Samsung Plasma Display is emitting some sort of IR signal that interferes with the sound system.. Moving either the TV or the sound system is not an option as they are both mounted in a TV wall opening... I have also thought of purchasing another sound system (different brand) in hope that it will work better but I can't be sure of that. Will the TV cause problems with it?? . Any ideas or suggestions on what can be done about this unique problem or how it can be resolved??

1 - 1 of 1 Posts