AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using a Panasonic HDC-SD9 camcorder to make videos in order to upload them to Youtube. I lost the software that came with the camera to get the files of the video camera and to convert them to the proper format before editing. So, I have purchased a new software for that purpose, Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter. I am editing the videos currently in WMM.

My problem is, the video doesn't play cleanly and freezes in frames and doesn't stay in time correctly I assume, because the audio sounds in time but it quickly gets far off from the video. So I believe my video is slowing down but my audio is staying on time.

I am guessing this could have something to do with the format I converted the video into using Aunsoft. I converted the video into, AVI MSMPEG4-V3 (*.avi). Aunsoft has a pretty good bit of different formats that I can convert my video to before using it on my computer and I was wondering if there would be a better candidate for that?

Maybe "MPEG 4 Movie" or "MPEG 4 Video" or "WMV3 (WMV9) (*.WMV)"?

I am trying to get a good quality video when I upload it to Youtube, what would be the best for me?

Thank You!

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
Why do you ask about some crappy software on this board? Does the maker of the software have its own forum? Ask them.

Does the original clip play fine? If yes, it is the re-encoding software. If not, it is slow hardware or media player.

·
Registered
264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perithead /forum/post/19645123

I am using a Panasonic HDC-SD9 camcorder to make videos in order to upload them to Youtube. I lost the software that came with the camera to get the files of the video camera and to convert them to the proper format before editing. So, I have purchased a new software for that purpose, Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter. I am editing the videos currently in WMM.

My problem is, the video doesn't play cleanly and freezes in frames and doesn't stay in time correctly I assume, because the audio sounds in time but it quickly gets far off from the video. So I believe my video is slowing down but my audio is staying on time.

I am guessing this could have something to do with the format I converted the video into using Aunsoft. I converted the video into, AVI MSMPEG4-V3 (*.avi). Aunsoft has a pretty good bit of different formats that I can convert my video to before using it on my computer and I was wondering if there would be a better candidate for that?

Maybe "MPEG 4 Movie" or "MPEG 4 Video" or "WMV3 (WMV9) (*.WMV)"?

I am trying to get a good quality video when I upload it to Youtube, what would be the best for me?

Thank You!

Simply upload in the original .mts format. YouTube can process it.

http://www.google.com/support/youtub...n&answer=55744

That's a link to YouTube's help page where they basically say this:You should always upload your video in the original format in the highest quality possible.

I've successfully uploaded 1920x1080 @60p files from my TM700 in the past.

BTW, Ungermann is right, that is some crappy software that can't help but mess up video files anyway it can . I should know I was suckered into buying this crap. Aunsoft refused to refund me, but did offer me free advice on how to try to get satisfying results, but to no avail since their software is flawed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

So, Aunsoft is crap, well that sucks.

Upload in the original .mts format? I thought I had to convert it to a certain format in order to edit it in Windows Movie Maker? Can WMM get the .mts files right off my camera and edit them straight up?!?!?! If so then I am embarrased..... If so, how?

I have tried to do that and I get the following message-

"The file F:\\PRIVATE\\AVCHD\\BDMV\\STREAM\\00002.MTS is not a supported file type, and it cannot be imported into Windows Movie Maker."

·
Registered
5,526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perithead /forum/post/19648278

I have tried to do that and I get the following message-

"The file F:\\PRIVATE\\AVCHD\\BDMV\\STREAM\\00002.MTS is not a supported file type, and it cannot be imported into Windows Movie Maker."

Windows 7 supports AVCHD. What version do you have? You may need a third-party editing app.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
try renaming it to from .MTS to .M2TS

older, less capable software is quirky like that.

WMV is well, WMV. Okay at low specs 1080p24 / 720p30. But not ideal at other specs. MPEG2 is better if you have a CPU bottleneck. H.264 if you have a video card with a hardware decoder and software support. Otherwise no codec can save you if your machine isn't fast enough to play that quantity of data throughput. Especially if it has to scale the output because your monitor is not native to the codecs resolution. Like my 1680x1050 monitor. Hooking that desktop up to the 1920x1080 HDTV is a world of difference. Even though it's the same everything else.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a different video/audio sync problem. I rendered a 4gb avc 1080i file from sony vegas movie studio 10, then burned the m2ts file to a dvd as a data disc. I then played it on my ps3. It started find and after 15 minutes the audio got ahead of the video because the video would freeze, then try to accelerate to catch up and never quite get there. The difference could be 10-15 seconds.

I played the same m2ts on my quad pc using both Flash Lite and wmp and had the same thing happen but at different spots every time...if I stopped and restarted at those points it would sometimes get back in sync for a while.

This is not a problem I've seen with smaller files.

There are comments on other sites about this problem. Some suggest there's a bug in Sony's AVC codec, others say to run tsmuxer and it fixes the problem. I haven't tried that.

I'd rather not drop down to mpeg2 since I bought the tm700 for the higher res.

Any ideas? (or is there a specific thread that covers this? I've looked.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts