AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched Alexander last night on my HTiB and it found it hard to hear the dialog. I've watched other movies before and didn't really experience any problems. Any suggestions?

Also what would cause the picture to be in black and white with my DVD player when I use an S-video hook-up? It's fine with composite cables?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Some movies dialogue are hard to hear (Constantine being the worst offender so far). When this happens I just boost my center channel to compensate. Regarding the black and white picture, try a different s-video cable and see if that fixes your problem.

Mike

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem with the S-video was one of the prongs was bent back. Once it was twisted into position, everything was solved. I did find Constantine was difficult as well, while 'Meet the Fockers' was very clear. I watched them in a span of a day or two!

With my PS2 and Xbox, they're both connected to my received via optical and component cables. While my DVD player is connected to my TV with a S-video hook-up sharing the optical with the PS2! I was told to use a optical cable for the DVD player, since it's compatible with one. Altough, on the receiver that the optical cable plugs into, the input shows CD? Is it not as good as say the DVD or DTV inputs?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
it's just as good, there's no better or worse, you're fine...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.