AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My questions relate to my very improper connections between my new Denon - X1100w receiver and 2 soundbars--one in the main room, and one soundbar in Zone 2.

Specifically, I have a smart LG TV monitor. In the main (bedroom) listening area, I have space only for a soundbar. I have plugged the TV HDMI into the rcvr AVR Out. TV internal speakers off. I have a digital optical cable going from the TV to the soundbar. I get video, but no audio.

However, I have, somehow, managed to get audio to the soundbar in Zone 2.

Just no sound in the main/Zone 1 area. In fact, no audio on the TV when the video is on.

Thoughts, please?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Hello. My questions relate to my very improper connections between my new Denon - X1100w receiver and 2 soundbars--one in the main room, and one soundbar in Zone 2.

Specifically, I have a smart LG TV monitor. In the main (bedroom) listening area, I have space only for a soundbar. I have plugged the TV HDMI into the rcvr AVR Out. TV internal speakers off. I have a digital optical cable going from the TV to the soundbar. I get video, but no audio.

However, I have, somehow, managed to get audio to the soundbar in Zone 2.

Just no sound in the main/Zone 1 area. In fact, no audio on the TV when the video is on.

Thoughts, please?
How is the soundbar in zone 2 connected to the receiver?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
From the owners manual. HDMI Audio Out Select HDMI audio output device.
AVR (Default): Play back through speakers connected to the unit.
TV: Play back through TV connected to the unit.
Hi, HDMI, thanks for getting back. May I ask a few questions, as I am not certain what I should do.

1. HDMI Audio Out Select HDMI audio output device. Is that the HDMI Out, Monitor (ARC) port on the back of the receiver?
2. AVR (Default): Play back through speakers connected to the unit. I think that is one of my problems. Specifically, in the bedroom/Zone 1 I have a digital optical cable going from the TV to the back of the soundbar. Then, I have the satellite box w/ a (s-video?) cable connecting to the receiver Audio In/cable/sat RCA jack inputs.

As an aside, I can get sound from a center channel in the bedroom/Zone 1 when I connect it to a Front Left or Right, not through the Center Channel jacks.

So, you can see that I am confused.

Thanks for your help!!!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Hi, HDMI, thanks for getting back. May I ask a few questions, as I am not certain what I should do.

1. HDMI Audio Out Select HDMI audio output device. Is that the HDMI Out, Monitor (ARC) port on the back of the receiver?
2. AVR (Default): Play back through speakers connected to the unit. I think that is one of my problems. Specifically, in the bedroom/Zone 1 I have a digital optical cable going from the TV to the back of the soundbar. Then, I have the satellite box w/ a (s-video?) cable connecting to the receiver Audio In/cable/sat RCA jack inputs.

As an aside, I can get sound from a center channel in the bedroom/Zone 1 when I connect it to a Front Left or Right, not through the Center Channel jacks.

So, you can see that I am confused.

Thanks for your help!!!
The "HDMI Audio Out Select HDMI audio output device" is a menu selection not a port. From the Denon menu select "TV: Play back through TV connected to the unit."

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The "HDMI Audio Out Select HDMI audio output device" is a menu selection not a port. From the Denon menu select "TV: Play back through TV connected to the unit."

I probably am tripping over my own underwear, to the lack of clarity for all. The "HDMI Audio Out . . ." should have been written "the AUDIO IN assignable, cable/sat red & white jacks on the back of the receiver".

Also, if I go into the Denon menu and select "TV: Play back through TV connected to the unit.", will that have me playing my audio content from the TV or the receiver through the TV speakers, or is that the path to use the soundbar for all of my bedroom/Zone 1 sound?

Sorry to be slow on the uptake . . . .

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Selecting TV from Denon menu should send sound from the AVR to the TV over HDMI and then from the TV to the soundbar over optical cable.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you, HDMI. Will try it tomorrow morning!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts