AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a samsung curved soundbar (HW-H7500). It worked great while I was living in a small apartment, but now I'm in a larger space and am looking to put together a proper surround system. The layout of the room is such that there is not a great place to mount an in-wall center speaker.

The question is, is there any way to hook the samsung curved soundbar up to a traditional AV receiver to function as a center channel in a 5.1 system (only inputs are HDMI, optical, aux)? To save some time...I know it defeats the purpose, it's an active soundbar, quality, blah blah blah, but (i) I already own it, (ii) it looks great with the TV, and (iii) it avoids a lot of brain damage trying to find a good place to mount a real center speaker in the room I'm working with.

The receiver I have is Onkyo TX-NR838 if that's helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
You can buy soundbar-like (dimension-wise) centers.

But OK suppose you don't want to spend anymore and really like your current as far as aesthetic fitness, you can always attempt to open it, bypass the circuitry and wire everything directly, as a passive speaker to your receiver. You will have to know a little bit how speakers, woofer, midrange, tweeter works, ohms, way to wire parallel/serial, may have to add crossover. Own a soldering iron and know how to use it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.