AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just got the LG CX and LG SN8YG over the holiday and I got an issue with eARC.

I’m not sure if this is universal, but I playing xbox series X games with Dolby Atmos, the sound cut in and out. Games like Resident Evil 2 and 3 and Tomb Raider. The sound only randomly cut out while eARC is enabled through LG CX.

This problem doesn’t affect PS5 games and streaming movies from Netflix, so I think this means it might a Dolby Atmos and eARC issue.

anyone got any ideas?

Ive switch cables and the problem still persists. It was using the cable shipped with Xbox series x and the zeskit Ultra high speed HDMI cable (2.1)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Well known issue with the SN series of bars using Dolby Atmos. Had the same bar as you and took it back. Ended up with the Sony HT-ZF9 and have had zero drop outs since using Atmos. I have it hooked up to my LG CX10 eARC. Return the bar while you can since LG has no desire to fix it. Despite many complaints.

No amount of tweaking or cable changes is going to fix the problem. I know it’s probably not the news you wanted to hear.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Hello everyone, I just got the LG CX and LG SN8YG over the holiday and I got an issue with eARC.

I’m not sure if this is universal, but I playing xbox series X games with Dolby Atmos, the sound cut in and out. Games like Resident Evil 2 and 3 and Tomb Raider. The sound only randomly cut out while eARC is enabled through LG CX.

This problem doesn’t affect PS5 games and streaming movies from Netflix, so I think this means it might a Dolby Atmos and eARC issue.

anyone got any ideas?

Ive switch cables and the problem still persists. It was using the cable shipped with Xbox series x and the zeskit Ultra high speed HDMI cable (2.1)
I too was having it happen with a LG C9 and SN8YG....if I had the XSX set to Bitstream->ATMOS for HT.

Since I switched the XSX to Uncompressed 5.1 ...I have not had any problems and to be honest I think it sounds as good....thou lower relative volume which is no big deal.

-XSX set to Uncompress 5.1
-C9 set to E-ARC and Passthru

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
That is a band aid fix though and not working as designed. Basically not being able to listen to Dolby Atmos content. That is a big deal when listening to Atmos content. Especially for some games when you are a gamer. I listen to enough Dolby Atmos content and not being able to take advantage of it because of drop outs. It had to go back unfortunately.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well known issue with the SN series of bars using Dolby Atmos. Had the same bar as you and took it back. Ended up with the Sony HT-ZF9 and have had zero drop outs since using Atmos. I have it hooked up to my LG CX10 eARC. Return the bar while you can since LG has no desire to fix it. Despite many complaints.

No amount of tweaking or cable changes is going to fix the problem. I know it’s probably not the news you wanted to hear.
Doesn’t sound comforting since I like everything else about the soundbar and the LG CX.

I’ll just have disable eARC on the CX and just just keep ARC enabled. I still get Atmos playing Rise/Shadow of the Tomb Raider on Xbox Series X, so I know Atmos still works, but knowing it DD Plus and not True HD kinda burns.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts