AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -

I am about to purchase a Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M and looking into options for sound. The TV will be going into my master bedroom and I was looking towards the Yamaha YSP-1100 soundbar. Has anyone had any experience hooking this up to the KRP-500M? Any issues? The only devices I will be hooking up to this TV will be a HD-DVR cable box and a Blu-Ray player.

Anyone have any other recommendations for sound options for a 14x14 or so master bedroom? The room is pretty ideal for the Yamaha Soundbar which is why I was considering it, but very much open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunerzine /forum/post/17018049

Hi all -

I am about to purchase a Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M and looking into options for sound. The TV will be going into my master bedroom and I was looking towards the Yamaha YSP-1100 soundbar. Has anyone had any experience hooking this up to the KRP-500M? Any issues? The only devices I will be hooking up to this TV will be a HD-DVR cable box and a Blu-Ray player.

Anyone have any other recommendations for sound options for a 14x14 or so master bedroom? The room is pretty ideal for the Yamaha Soundbar which is why I was considering it, but very much open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hey,

I'm in the same boat with the 500M. I've read that a few people have had luck with the Sony HTC100, since it acts as an HDMI switcher as well, but I haven't read about the 500M+Yamaha tandem.

I'd really prefer to have a simpler audio solution...like a ZVox...but I get mixed advice as to what it can and cannot handle. And there's no audio out on the M monitors.

·
Registered
189 Posts
yea....i was considering getting a KRP-500m. I was willing to forgo the lack of tuner, speakers and stand but then I learned there's no USB port to attach it to a wireless network or attach a flash drive and also there is no audio digital out, only HDMI which my legacy receiver does not support. That's a bummer. Something to consider when purchasing before it opens a whole new can of worms. I wish there's a PDP-5020 out there for less than $1700

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have the YSP 1100 and I feel it performs VERY well .. the YSP's are the only soundbars that actually project surround channels..I teamed it up with the FSW100 subwoofer...

All I have is an optical cable from my PS3 and another from my cable box going to the optical inputs on the YSP... Always take the audio from the cable/satellite box NOT the tv in order to get digital sound..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts