AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys! I need your help choosing a soundbar. I have a Sony KDL55w800 tv, Xbox one, Xbox 360 and a PS4.

I live in a small studio apartment and do not need an extensive HT setup!

I have two soundbar in sale in my country, and also fits in my budget.

1. SAMSUNG SOUNDBAR HW-F450

2. LG SOUND BAR 2.1ch 300W NB3530

Which one will you guys suggest i should get??

I will be mainly using it for watching Movies & TV Series & Music (Mostly Electronic, trance, house, dubsted etc.) and for gaming sometimes.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
You live in a studio apartment which means you live in an apartment building right? Well, you really don't want to go pissing off your neighbors or getting yourself evicted due to noise complaints so perhaps you should look at something less powerful. Sony is about to release a "soundbase" that would be perfect for your use. I don't know when it will be available in your country but it should do the trick.

http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/sound-bars/ht-xt1#pdp_slideshow_default

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for your suggestion lexinva!

My apartment is actually in the top floor, and i have no other adjacent units. Even then all the walls are block work and as it is even at high volume levels with the TV, i could barely hear any sound outside my apartment!

I need a little bit more Bass a subwoofer provides hence decided on soundbar!

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Well, if you're really okay with a soundbar, then go for the Sony HT-CT660. It's being replaced in the lineup by a newer model so it should be going on sale soon. I have it and it's a wonderful soundbar. It works very well with your TV, you get 3 HDMI inputs, ARC, lossless audio, and a wireless subwoofer that does pretty good. However, I have to caution you about music playback because the bass from certain kinds of music - such as the kind you listen to - is often far more powerful than regular audio sources so you don't want to blow out the subwoofer by setting the levels too high. You can actually modify the bass levels and sub output along with other sound settings using the remote control so you'll want to do that before you really start using the soundbar as different uses will require different settings to attain optimum sound.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions! Unfortunately sony has discontinued soundbars in the UAE, Otherwise i would have bought one when i got the TV.

I am looking at the LG NB 4530 now as its currently on sale! any feedback about it??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts