AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few newb questions. Any help is much appreciated.

I am looking into the Sony HT CT150 or Sony 350. Do I need a receiver for either of these? Also when a source (for example a PS3) can output in Dolby 5.1 or DTS to you set the source to output in surround or you keep it to the regular stereo set up?

How good are these soundbars at simulating surround sound?

And if anyone knows if the higher price for the Sony 350 is worth it please let me know. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomLando /forum/post/19541189

I have a few newb questions. Any help is much appreciated.

I am looking into the Sony HT CT150 or Sony 350. Do I need a receiver for either of these? Also when a source (for example a PS3) can output in Dolby 5.1 or DTS to you set the source to output in surround or you keep it to the regular stereo set up?

How good are these soundbars at simulating surround sound?

And if anyone knows if the higher price for the Sony 350 is worth it please let me know. Thanks in advance!

You do not need a receiver for either. It would be superflous as both are self powered. The 350 includes an FM receiver.

If your source is capable of 5.1, set it to output full 5.1, bitstream, etc.

Both soundbars can do a credible job of simulating surround. The effect depends upon placement, wall materials, source material, etc.

I have heard both in different settings, but the sound was so similar, I don't recall either showing it was better than the other.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts