AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a soundbar that is not too tall. With or without subwoofer.

More specifically in my case, it's for a Toshiba 55UX600 LED display. This particular TV has a very low stand, and the remote sensor is located in the middle third of the TV's lower frame. I would need a soundbar that is under 3" tall -- maybe shorter -- else the soundbar will block the remote sensor if it's placed in front of the TV. Wall mounting the TV or soundbar is not an option.

Was considering the Vizio VSB200 soundbar, which is well-liked on this board and inexpensive. However, that soundbar is 4.67 with stand, 3.69 without stand.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations and suggestions.

·
Registered
183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnaround /forum/post/20810216

I am looking for a soundbar that is not too tall. With or without subwoofer.

More specifically in my case, it's for a Toshiba 55UX600 LED display. This particular TV has a very low stand, and the remote sensor is located in the middle third of the TV's lower frame. I would need a soundbar that is under 3" tall -- maybe shorter -- else the soundbar will block the remote sensor if it's placed in front of the TV. Wall mounting the TV or soundbar is not an option.

Was considering the Vizio VSB200 soundbar, which is well-liked on this board and inexpensive. However, that soundbar is 4.67” with stand, 3.69” without stand.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations and suggestions.

I would look at this soundbar mounting bracket as an option for your requirements. You can mount the soundbar at the top of the TV. Thus providing better sound performance as well as not impeding your TV's remote sensor.

Universal Soundbar Speaker Mounting Bracket

Be sure to view the videos and tech & spec sheets that are available for viewing downloading. I have the Sony CT350 and I plan on using this type of mount for my soundbar.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzspot /forum/post/20811744

I would look at this soundbar mounting bracket as an option for your requirements. You can mount the soundbar at the top of the TV. Thus providing better sound performance as well as not impeding your TV's remote sensor.

Universal Soundbar Speaker Mounting Bracket

Be sure to view the videos and tech & spec sheets that are available for viewing downloading. I have the Sony CT350 and I plan on using this type of mount for my soundbar.

The bracket is a good option because it will work with most TV/soundbar combinations.

@Jazzspot, just yesterday I got the brackets and mounted by CT350 on top of my new 55" Panny. Works very well although the brackets stick up a little over the top of the soundbar because the CTs are not very tall. Can't see it when you're seated so no big deal.

·
Registered
183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl /forum/post/20813407

The bracket is a good option because it will work with most TV/soundbar combinations.

@Jazzspot, just yesterday I got the brackets and mounted by CT350 on top of my new 55" Panny. Works very well although the brackets stick up a little over the top of the soundbar because the CTs are not very tall. Can't see it when you're seated so no big deal.

I had read from other users of the brackets that total concealment of the brackets could be an issue when using some soundbar models. About how much of the brackets is visible with your soundbar mounted on top of your TV? Less than 1", 1-2"?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzspot /forum/post/20813759

I had read from other users of the brackets that total concealment of the brackets could be an issue when using some soundbar models. About how much of the brackets is visible with your soundbar mounted on top of your TV? Less than 1", 1-2"?

About 1/2". You can get creative by how you turn the brackets. Have two points further apart to look like cat ears. I think mine looks more like two humpback whales surfacing.

·
Registered
183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl /forum/post/20813943

About 1/2". You can get creative by how you turn the brackets. Have two points further apart to look like cat ears. I think mine looks more like two humpback whales surfacing.

Thank you for providing the photos and the info! 1/2" isn't too bad at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.