AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking into "soundbar" type systems for my new 42 inch plasma setup. But as I learn more, I realize I may have another problem. My room is not suitable for "bouncing" the sound off walls. My HDTV is in a corner and the room is long and open on one end, not "squarish" and one wall has a lot of windows with vertical blinds. Also, no ceiling in part of the room (open to second floor). I think I may need a solution which does not depend on bouncing sound off walls, if such exists. Or I may just be stuck with my current 2.1 stereo setup.

I had been looking at things like the Sony HT-CT100, the Yamaha YAS-70 and the Boston Acoustics TVee Model Two. But now I'm wondering if I might have to settle for something like the Soundmatters MAINstageHD or something similar.

I should mention, if it matters, that I listen to music a fair amount, like the dialog to be crisp and clear (I'm getting older, ), prefer the hookups in the bar not the sub-woofer (if possible, most seem the other way), and don't need a built-in DVD player (already have several). Also, I am on a budget (around $300), so I realize I'm not going to have a top-end system and I'm OK with that. I just want something that sounds decent.

Anyone here solve a similar problem or have any sage advice to offer?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or tips!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Apologies - somehow I got this posted twice.

Admins - this topic can be deleted.

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts