AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
couldn't find much discussion with a search, so here goes nothing...

My room is about 15x32 (flatscreen centered on 15ft wall, couch 14ft away). There are lots of windows, 10ft ceilings and the kitchen at the other end of the room (I know, not ideal for HT). Anyway, I'm considering a number of options and wanted opinions on the likely performance differences between the options.

1) sound bar beneath the TV.

2) in ceiling rears and LCR soundbar beneath the TV.

3) in ceiling rears, below TV center and basically corner placed bookshelfs for L/R.

would I notice significant improvement with 2) and 3) vs 1 given the poor placement? Are there any other options I should be considering?

Was leaning towards the YSP-3050 w/ a sub, but I will be buying a receiver as well, so it is kind of overkill if I can get good virtual surround out of a passive device or cheaper SB. Any strong feelings as to one approach or another (recommended speaker placement not an option).

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougri /forum/post/19559394

Was leaning towards the YSP-3050 w/ a sub, but I will be buying a receiver as well, so it is kind of overkill if I can get good virtual surround out of a passive device or cheaper SB. Any strong feelings as to one approach or another (recommended speaker placement not an option).

Thanks!

Why are you buying a receiver ?

Cheers

Davyo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts