AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this is covered somewhere before but I can't seem to find it.

Real simple question regarding hooking up a sounblaster audigy to a dolby digital receiver via the "Digital Out" plug on the sound card.

Can I just use a mini to RCA adapter, then plug a regular RCA cable into that, them plug the other end of the RCA into the Digital (Orange) input on my receiver? I have always used only optical for digital audio connection, so I am not familiar with the other method.

Sorry for the dumd question, but I wan to know before I swap my sound cards and if I have to go buy a new digital cable.

Thanks

· Registered
1,242 Posts
Not all RCA type cables will work. You are right about the adapter though, that should do the trick. You can try it with the RCA cable you have but sometimes those connections will require a coaxial type cable in which you can make your own or get an actual digital coaxial cable.

· Registered
697 Posts
if you going to use coaxial, its same as video cable not the rca audio,if you can get a mini jack for video to go with rca video cable.it should work but but but

BE CAREFUL

there was a thread long ago, about getting spdif straight to receiver it may damage your receiver,voltage error,

specially from pci card, not front panel, i have front panel platinum 5.1 . thats how i connect it to receiver via optical or coaxial, I HAVE NO PROBLEM

if you do not have face front with audigy , use speakers out mini jack ----rca

analog to your receiver its safer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.