Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought a echo gina 3g to use in my htpc and start playing around with digital room correction.

My question is if anyone knows a place where I can buy balanced 1/4" TRS to unbalanced rca cables.

More soundcards have the 1/4" jack out connection so there should be some more people who have looked for this but I have not been able to find them so far.

A schema on how to make this might also be helpful.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Hi abracadaver,

I've recently gotten my multichannel HTPC as prepro using pro audio cards. You need to make sure the balanced connection doesn't burn you with noise injected into your audio chain, or worse yet, a ground loop.

I went with Hosa interconnects - pro audio route. You can call their customer service line and talk with a technician to find the right kind of interconnect.

If you want to try before you buy, check out a local Guitar Center or pro audio supply store and see if they do rentals. Guitar Center for example has a 14-day money back guarantee, minus a restocking fee.

Afterwards, when you're sure which interconnect you need, there are plenty of internet stores that will sell at a big discount compared to a bricks & mortar storefront.

Good luck,

- Steve O.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.