AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if I'am even posting this in the correct area but I'm going to give it a shot.  I'm looking for advice on what I should do to prevent bass.

Here is my scenario:  I live in a townhouse and my neighbor who is an interesting individual likes to play her movies on surround sound about 1 - 2 times a week.  It used to be every day so this is an improvement.  Her sub woofer is right up against our wall.  She apparently will not move it away from this shared wall.  Its driving me crazy!  I hate coming home and worrying about hearing her bass.  It just annoys me to no end.

So the current situation on my end is a cement wall, (assuming) insulation and drywall.  I have 1 large air return up top, wall is 15 x 9 1/2 feet and 2 outlets.  I have about 8 to 9" of space to work with coming off the existing wall.  

Do i hire a carpenter to frame out a new wall creating a trap?  Then insulate, 2 layers of drywall with green glue on sound proof clips with channels?  I have to extend the air return into this wall, would this be a problem?

I'm looking for any advice possible and I really do appreciate it.  

Thanks again!

Brian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Hey LeBon,

Yeah thats what i was worried about.  I just submitted them the question as well.  Any type of improvement at this point would be taken.  My wife says i'm obsessive about it but it just annoys me.

That being said, its not a pounding sound coming through, just those low tones.

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts