AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 months ago, I set out to replace my bad modem in an RTV2020. I did not know that it would be so difficult to find the modem! We found some on the internet in Germany, ordered 20, paid by Visa and never got the modems. Does anyone know where even 1 might be available?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
No luck here. From the search I did here I came up with two 20xx modem part numbers RCV336ACFW and RCV336ASFW. The only thing I found was baber.com who say email them if looking for a modem or usbid.com which looks crazy expensive - minimum $250 each item.

The part number should be right on the chip if anyone wishes to search through some old 33.6 PC modems.

Best of luck

Update - I emailed http://www2.americaii.com/index.shtml as their web sight claims to have thousands of the RCV336ACFW chips. I'll let you know when/if they reply.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Here is the email reply.

Mike-

We have a $100 minimum, and these are $10 parts. Do you need anything else we could add on?

Judd Dorner

America II Electronics
[email protected]

800-767-2637 x1181 office

727-572-9696 fax

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like Mikeyboy comes through again! The minimum is no problem for my tech. I'll let you know how it works out. Has to be better than Germany! BTW the CFW version is the one in my unit, and that is the one they have.

Upgrade still going strong

Thanks again

Elliot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.