AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those times that the home theater gets a little crowded, it would be nice to have some seating you can add in quickly without breaking the bank. My sons have suggested bean-bag chairs. I see a number of posts that indicate some of you have gone this route.

Do you have any good Canadian sources for bean bag chairs, or any Internet stores with reasonable quality for reasonable prices.

Also, are there any other types of occasional seating that you might recommend that you found better than bean-bag furniture? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I got mine at walmart, they have some giant size ones for 50 bucks each, but are only avail some of the time and not on line. these are huge and will fit any adult.

note, they are not real bean bag, they are filled with what appears to be packing material and do not mold that well, but for occasional use the price is right.

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I picked up my bean bag at Wal*Mart as well. It's been a big hit w/everyone that has come over and gets fought over quite often.

Hmm...maybe I should've saved my money that I spent on my sectional and just bought 5 beanbags ;)

Gfly1

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey trunks, I think you can order The LoveSac online at the web site you mentioned above. You just have to go to the "Products" section, and then click the "Customize" button next to the size you want. That will bring you to a customization page, and then you can add it to your shopping cart. I assume that you can then "Check Out" after that...

Cheers,

-THEO-

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
We have a couple LoveSac's in the lounge where I work. They are quite comfortable once you get 'em broken in. They aren't a cheap $50 generic Beanbag brand however...

BTW - Created by a guy here in Utah -nope, not affiliated:)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Go to an awning shop or an upholstery shop and have them sew you one up. @$150 then go buy 3 cheep beanbags at Wal-Mart. I can't find a source for the beans but didn't look real hard. I am probably going to go this route for seating in front of the fire place in the hot tub house I am building:D I couldn't find any other alternative. The LoveSack is very close to what we are looking forbut it needs to be more of a rectangle

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I managed to locate some at Sears in Canada. Inexpensive and large enough for adults.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Poof chairs are similar to LoveSacs (I believe they were the original of this type of chair). Agoogle will turn up lots of places online sell them.

At the high end of the bean bag spectrum, check out the Ligne Roset Glup chair

http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache...ng_en&ie=UTF-8

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.