AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting this separately from the the Media thread as that is primarily dedicated to DVD-R media. I would like to get my hands on some new Panasonic branded DVD-RAM discs *single sided" 5-packs or 10-packs. If anyone knows of a reasonably priced source of new Panny-branded DVD-RAM discs I would be very appreciative. Thanks. :eek:

·
Registered
13,347 Posts
They have gotten very expensive. I don't actively look for them since I have a ton of them left over from my DVD recorder days but when I see them they are running $5-6/disk in 5 or 10 packs.

Nice to hear from you after all these years.

·
Registered
11,644 Posts
Yes, welcome back Vic :)
I also have fallen out of touch with RAM disc prices as I have a supply and haven't looked to replace them. Imagine my surprise when looked at Amazon and saw they were $5 per :eek: I think the last Panasonic RAMs I purchased were a 5 pack jewel cases from Best Buy as a clearance item, $2.97 total! Of course that was probably 5 years ago.
I'll keep an eye out but it looks like they've become a very niche product, not that they weren't niche back in the day but nothing like $5 per......

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kelson, Jeff,

Thanks for the welcome back. I am finding a new use for my oldie but goodie EH75V - I am converting/archiving legacy HI8 and Digital 8 tapes to DVD-RAM using the EH75V (I use an HTPC and the software program "Play Later" for time shifting) before they degrade and am starting to run out of my inventory of DVD-RAM so I was looking for a source other than what I found on Amazon, EBAY, and direct from Panasonic (they only have double sided discs for sale now). Back in the Panny DVD-RAM recorder hey day, I remember when I could get a 15 pack of high speed (5x) Panny DVD-RAM discs for $19.99. Those were the days. Great checking in on the old forum after all these years. And a big shout out to mikeinct who has breathed new life into my old machines as various components decide to conk out. If you come across a cheap stash of quality DVD-RAM for sale, let me know. Thanks.

Vic

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I used to buy the 15-pack for 20 bucks, but when they got closer to 2/each, i moved over to -R;

If you are in a super pinch, I can easily dub my ram discs (sports games) over to -R discs and then sell them to you; I have a couple hundred;

just throwing out the option to you

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bill,

Sorry about the severely delayed response but have had little time to visit the forum. Just wanted to say thanks for the offer. Managed to scarf up a batch from some old recordings I no longer needed so I am good now. Thanks. Vic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts