AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any links to sites that have high-quality downloads of popular art? Maybe Picasso, Dali, Michelangelo, etc....

Or anything suitable to use as a slideshow for my HTPC?

Thanks!

·
Registered
779 Posts
For free, or for money?

you can always go to the illegal newsgroups (alt.binaries.pictures.fine-art for example) to download lot's & lot's of the classics.

I prefer to stay legal, which makes it very difficult. I bought I cd-rom in Paris a few years back that had the pictures in a pre-made screensaver. Try some of the web stores of art museums.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Buster, that site is fantastic. In addition to having several pics itself, if you go to the ftp section is has links to other high quality scans around the web. I'll have to do some more in depth exploration when I get home tonight, but I can definitely see a digital Kandinksky and a few digital Miros in my future. :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Talking about screen savers: My favorite is still SerenScreen . Looks absolutely awsome on my 60" GWII! Never fails to impress visitors either.

Nature's art....

-Rob-

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Talking about screen savers: My favorite is still SerenScreen. Looks absolutely awsome on my 60" GWII! Never fails to impress visitors either.
That fish tank is great! But the faq says it doesn't yet support widescreen - what's up with that??

·
Registered
807 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Boulanger
That fish tank is great! But the faq says it doesn't yet support widescreen - what's up with that??
They have a regular and widescreen version of the tank. I'm using the widescreen version, so I know it exists and works. The regular one will work too, but the images (fish and background) get stretched a bit and look somewhat weird that way. Widescreen version looks great though.

-Rob-

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.