AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of an online source with a large collection of high res album artwork? When I say high resolution, I mean a multi-megapixel image around 3000 pixels per side, suitable for large prints.

Reason I ask is I'm thinking it may be a cool idea to use custom artwork (in this case album art) for some 24"x24" acoustic panels. In this case, just finding a large poster-sized print won't work, as I would need to submit an actual image file to be used.

·
Registered
6,908 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
That's a very interesting idea tezster. I can't answer your question, but I have a couple of questions for you. What material are you using for your panels, and how would you be transfering the images onto it?

I was just today thinking about putting a couple more acoustic panels together over this long weekend; I'm using burlap over ATS Acoustics fiberglass panels, but I have two up now that are very plain looking in my living room. Your idea of transferring album art onto them would definately add a coolness factor to my space.
Good luck!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Very cool. I've got some reading to do. I have 4 24" x 48" panels still to put together, and for me, this would solve some problems. Thanks for the link BIGmouth.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster /forum/post/20893183

Reason I ask is I'm thinking it may be a cool idea to use custom artwork (in this case album art) for some 24"x24" acoustic panels. In this case, just finding a large poster-sized print won't work, as I would need to submit an actual image file to be used.

Where would you get it printed? Most print places I know of won't touch copywritten images, which album art would be. Cool idea though

·
Registered
6,372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev /forum/post/20958275

Where would you get it printed? Most print places I know of won't touch copywritten images, which album art would be. Cool idea though

You could get an airbrush artist to paint you some covers.... Not that I would be interested.. but it can be done and is NOT cheap... yes still copy write infringement but if you need the money bad enough ...

You can also find out who the artist/band/record label and ask permission to make the copy since it would not be resale but for personal use.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, forgot to followup on my own thread - I was initially thinking of simply having this done by ATS, but forgot to account for the copyright issues - definitely something I'll have to ask around and think about.

quick update: well I contacted ATS, and they said this shouldn't be an issue. The artists I follow are mostly independent and obviously not exactly household names, so the next problem to tackle is finding a digital source for the album art. I think in a way this may turn out as an advantage, as indie artists should (potentially) be easier to get in touch with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.