AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for sources for 5 1/4" speaker enclosures (or cabinets and matching grills) for home use. Preferably, unfinished wood, so they can be stained.

I have some car speakers that I wanted to try to use for surround sound speakers (depending on what they sound like in an enclosure). I don't want to build them myself.

All I have been able to find are enclosures for guitar, PA and car boombox speakers.

Any ideas??

·
Registered
122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce /forum/post/0

I'm looking for sources for 5 1/4" speaker enclosures (or cabinets and matching grills) for home use. Preferably, unfinished wood, so they can be stained.

I have some car speakers that I wanted to try to use for surround sound speakers (depending on what they sound like in an enclosure). I don't want to build them myself.

All I have been able to find are enclosures for guitar, PA and car boombox speakers.

Any ideas??

I can make some for you for a reasonable fee. Just depends on the size, material, and how they would be shipped.

·
Registered
16,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How large of a cabinet would be needed for decent bass (within the limits of the size of the driver)?

I'm looking at around 7x7x10" for the space they would go. They are the 5002i.

·
Registered
122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce /forum/post/0

How large of a cabinet would be needed for decent bass (within the limits of the size of the driver)?

I'm looking at around 7x7x10" for the space they would go. They are the 5002i.

I couldn't really find much for specs but considering it's designed for car doors, that size should be pleny big.

I figure about $20 for 2 raw mdf boxes with the cutouts, plus shipping. If you want grilles it would be more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.