AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving to a brand new subdivision in Minooka and I'm looking at the Winegard HD8200P. Problem is the Home Owners Association. I know the FCC regs, and I know they can't stop me, but it looks like I might be in for a legal fight. Any suggestions for help in the area?

:confused:

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
502 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TAdams
I'm moving to a brand new subdivision in Minooka and I'm looking at the Winegard HD8200P. Problem is the Home Owners Association. I know the FCC regs, and I know they can't stop me, but it looks like I might be in for a legal fight. Any suggestions for help in the area?

:confused:

Thanks,

Tim
I live in Romeoville and just put this antenna up about 3 months ago. The 8200 is BIG. With the recent D* announcement of CBS-HD being broadcast it is not necessary to have the VHF elements on your antenna. Get a BIG UHF antenna and try it in your attic first. This may work for you but Minooka is still out there. Good luck.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hello:

TAdams,

Man do I feel your pain! I was in your situation last year, but thanks to the wonderful people here at AVS, I was successful against my homeowner's association when they tried to bully me into taking my antenna down.

A couple of things worth noting...

1. I'm not sure if you had seen this thread which was started back in April 2003 which deals with HOA and antenna's. This is where I got a lot of my info, and I believe the text of my letter can be found somewhere in that thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0&pagenumber=1

2. This may be redundant, but here is the link to the fact sheet that I printed out that accompanied my letter. After I sent it, my HOA knew that they couldn't do [email protected]*t!

www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

I hope that this will prove helpful to you. Hold your ground as they have no legal recourse whatsoever. The law is on our side (us homeowner's that is). I wish you the best of luck. If I can be of any further help, please let me know! :)

-Samuel

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may have this straightened out. I should know sometime early next week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.