AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I really can't say for certain. When I worked for Berkline, Southern Motion was considered a lower tier product. However, we did recognize them as a company that is on the rise. Reports from our sales reps in the field was that this supplier was gaining space on dealer's floors - primarily due to price. I checked the warranty on their website and it was pretty much the same as almost everyone that makes reclining furniture. Make your decision based on that and how much you liked (or didn't like) the product you tested.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Home Theatre Seating is disappearing from retail furniture showrooms for some reason. I used to see them all the time but now with all the loveseats with middle consoles, people are buying those up. I really liked these seats because I'm not buying something that I can't sit in first.....there is a HUGE difference in the kinds of seating and what may be comforatable to one person may not be for the other.......they are having a huge sale this weekend so Im going to buy 2 power recline chairs and a loveseat for the middle with manual recline for about $1800 plus free shipping. Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
One reason you see fewer HT seats at retail is most retailers don't understand the product or present it properly. Ask a typical furniture retailer how far apart to put the second row or how high to build a platform for the second row and chance are you would just get a blank stare. Online dealers and speciality stores do better because they understand the product and the related issues. JMO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.