AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For S/PDIF pass through on the Soyo Dragon + do I set it to 48KHz or 44.1 KHz? What is the difference? Also to enable pass through I need to check the S/PDIF box for out, have it on 2 speaker mode, and turn on "on board" audio in the bios. Is this correct, did I catch everything?

Thanks,

DAN

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Am I beating a dead horse? If so could someone at least refer me to the thread that will answer my question?

Thanks,

DAN

·
Registered
237 Posts
I tried posting this exact question about a month ago and didn't get an answer. I am with you on this one, HOW does one get spdif passthrough to work on the Soyo Dragon +? I am trying to get my AccessDTV card to go through my CMedia chipset on spdif but I get NOTHING.

Anyone??

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lets at least start with the "48KHz or 44.1 KHz" question. I know nearly everyone knows the answer to this one, because it isn't an independent question to the Soyo Dragon + board.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Cesiumdeth:

___44.1 KHz is native MP3/CD-Audio. If you are listening to those sources, why screw them up with a 48 KHz upconvert. 48 KHz is meant for DD/DTS for DVD’s and for DTS CD’s via PowerDVD for example. To make the C-Media chipset on your Soyo Dragon + work via S/PDIF, you select the 2-channel/headphone option in your C-Media’s control panel - speaker setup and S/PDIF output in the output settings page. Setup the application WinAmp for CD-Audio w/ plug-in/MP3 playback, TheaterTek, PowerDVD, WinDVD to output to the C-Media chipset with the S/PDIF output selections, Windows to use the C-Media chipset as its sound playback device, and make sure your receiver’s COAX or Optical input you are connected to from the Soyo Dragon +’s COAX/Optical output is set for Digital or Auto and your set.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have the Soyo Fire Dragon w/CMI8738

Only use the S/PDIF passthru for WinDVD3.1 DD/DTS

First get the Latest Drivers at C-Media

Then be advised C-Media setup menu's for

S/PDIF in/output specify #1 and #2 ports

these relate to #1=Optical and #2=Coaxial

So mark them accordingly

Also if you are using ATI's DVDplayer....U won't get DD/DTS

they only pass DD thru their own connector

Although someone here has said they got DD/DTS from 7.6ver player??

But I can't do it

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the Soyo Dragon+ and I am trying to use the on-board audio for Dolby Digital DVD playback. Using ATI's DVD player or WinDVD, I do get audio from the Coax-out to a Coax-in on my receiver, but it is not Dolby Digital. The DVD drive I got was very basic and I was never sure if there were meant to be additional cables to connect internally or if all the digital audio information is transferred over the IDE cable.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not sure if its relevant to these issues, but I found that the coax SPDIF input doesnt work on the dragon +. I reverse engineered the circuit and I cant see how it ever would work, the optical receiver and the coax RCA jack are kind of just parallelled together.

HTH

jon

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"Then be advised C-Media setup menu's for

S/PDIF in/output specify #1 and #2 ports

these relate to #1=Optical and #2=Coaxial

So mark them accordingly "

is this just for selecting the input? I can only find this option under the heading "input."

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

DAN

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have this setup and I had to run DVD Genie and uncheck the "DirectShow Navigation" under WinDVD. Once I did that I get perfect passthrough DTS and DD from all my DVD players - TheaterTek, WinDVD, PowerDVD and Cineplayer.

It didn't work until I did that! Thanks to DaGamePimp for the advice. I suggest you give it a shot if you are not getting DD/DTS passthrough.

Rob

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a Soyo Dragon Plus with the latest C-Media drivers and I have been unable to get DD/DTS out through the S/PDIF coax into my Denon AVR-3802.

I have tried both #1 and #2 on the "S/PDIF in", 2-chan. and headphones on the C-Media mixer with no luck. I am using WinDVD 3 for a player set to S/PDIF out (with other audio choices 2/4/6 speaker, audio does work but it's not DD/DTS).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

- justin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.