AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much space does one person need for a the type of theater seat you would have in a movie theater?

(thinking about using as a second row, as I am limited to about 40" in space from the rear of the front row seats to the back wall)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also can anyone recommend a good quality real theater seat? preferably, people who own them.....short backs vs high backs? reclining vs fixed? something that wont break the bank either...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Product Details

•Product Dimensions: Height 42", Width 24", Depth closed 23", Depth open 31.5"

This seems to be pretty standard.

just google home theater movie seats. Lots of sites.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you know if they negotiate if u fr buying 4-5 chairs?

$300. Seems slot to spend on that kind of a chair.

·
Registered
158 Posts
40" is going to be cutting it close. Irwin seating lists a minimum front to back spacing of 36" for their Springfield line. That will probably be a bit tight. I have the high back rocker version of the Springfield (which needs more space to begin with) and my back row is 52". This is tighter than I wanted, but not bad. I would have liked to get them off the back wall more and had a few more inches of leg room.

That said, I can't recommend the Home Theater version of the Springfield enough. People are always telling me that they are surprised how comfortable my chairs are. You can see pictures in my build thread linked from my sig.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts