2 micro marty

How should I space the speakers.
Distance between
Distance off the back wall.

Thank you

·
Registered
299 Posts
If I were you, I'd put the right sub in the corner to benefit from the extra boundary gain. The left sub is going to have major suckout no matter what you do, unless you build a wall between that column and the rear wall. You could do a false wall that could be removable I suppose. Then I would place the left sub against the false wall and the rear wall. The HT10s are probably not an issue a couple feet out from the wall, maybe with subs and speaker front baffles flush? Will you be using an acoustically transparent screen and hiding the speakers behind it?

I'd put the HTs on stands to get the tweeters at ear height or so. The off-axis response of the SEOS is good, being constant directivity horns, but with them not at ear height you'll need to boost the treble a bit to make up for the reduction in tweeter SPL due to the angle to the ear. Many people run the SEOS horns with no toe for home theater applications, but for music I found the imaging much better with my SEOS8s with about a 30 degree toe in on the left and right channels. The angle I run crosses the on-axis response about a foot in front of the couch, which seemed to be the best for imaging when seated at various positions on the couch. It looks extreme, but works way better for 2 channel music than having no toe. Even with movies, I like that I can hear the opposite side speaker just as well as the one closest to my side of the couch.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Screen will be above.
I was just going to angle the speakers up a tickle. Or just leave.

Sitting 15' away from the speakers

The rear HT10 will be sitting on micro marty behind the coach. 2-3 '

Not perfect but kinda limited.

·
Registered
DIYSG HT-12’s & Volt 6’s, Dayton UM18-22 subs, Denon x3700H, JVC NX5
266 Posts
Screen will be above.
I was just going to angle the speakers up a tickle. Or just leave.

Sitting 15' away from the speakers

The rear HT10 will be sitting on micro marty behind the coach. 2-3 '

Not perfect but kinda limited.
Have you considered what @drewp29 mentioned and walling off the area between the column and rear wall? 15' from the screen is plenty to have a false wall and put all of this behind the screen. Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
That's what I would do

1 - 6 of 6 Posts