AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the whole series (4 parts) on Starz, still available on DISH VOD. It was great until they lost Andy Whitfield. Then it went to OK with his replacement, Liam McIntyre. And now that his cohort Manu Bennett is on the Arrow, the crossover is a bit creepy. Lucy Lawless is great though. At least on the Starz versions.

I'm just wondering how severely sanitized it will be and how long it will take for the StyrFry Channel to claim it as on SF Original?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I wonder if they will blur the naked scenes and bleep the cursing or just cut them all (then making the episodes 42 mins long instead of 1 hour)

·
Registered
978 Posts
Holy cow they put this on SyFy? How long was each episode, 10 minutes?
The only season worth watching, IMHO, is the first season ("Blood & Sand") with Andy Whitfield. Absolutely an amazing show - but I cannot imagine how it must have looked with all the gore, nudity and language edited out. Do yourself a favor and watch the 'real' thing.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
They won't edit out the gore. That's OK for folks including kids to watch. God forbid should anyone see a mammary gland though.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In all fairness, on the Starz version, you get quite a bit more than boob shots.... ;)
Yup. Way more! I VOD'd the first episode and compared the two PIP and yup editing was done. I hate when networks grab dated material and reshow it because they're too cheap to keep their own good stuff going (Stargate (Showtime), Babylon 5, Chuck (NBC, same people).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts