Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Again All -

Quick question. Does an SPDIF/Coax switch exist? I haven't had a lot of luck tracking one down. My reciever only has one coax in, but I will soon have 3 sources fighting for one port.. So I figure I need a switch or a new reciever. My initial thought was that a switch would be cheaper :)

Thanks,

crix0r

·
Registered
1,003 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DanW

Thanks as well.. anyone have a preference over one or the other? Looks like one auto switches and has priority levels user definable.. and the toster uses a remote..

Thanks,

crix0r

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I use the component switcher of the same brand...signal sensing. It has optical switching capabilities also...which I'll be using soon. Works fine for my set up.

·
Registered
582 Posts
To just switch coaxial digital audio, a composite video switch should have plenty of bandwidth. Cheap but effective if you don't need optical coaxial conversion, remote control, or auto-switching.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
I use the same switch as kweezr reccomends, it works fantastic.

Jim

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
1155 is the same as 1177 but it also has s-video/composite built-in.

Works excellent and I love autosensor feature.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice gentlemen, very nice indeed.

Now, I just need to figure out wether to buy a monivision HDTV or attempt to model my HTPC to my Old Sony SDTV :)

( http://www.digitalconnection.com/Pro...w/DM6552SW.asp )

That's the current box I'm looking at... obviously I've got a lot of research to do yet, but I'll have to start another thread somewhere under display's and ask my questions..

Thanks for all the suggestions and responses!

crix0r

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quick Question..

I didn't realize before I bought it but the 1155 has a built in convertor!! Yaya.. but now I have to ask: When converting from coax to toslink (and visa versa) is there any degredation in signal or quality? I wouldn't think there would be since it's all digital to begin with and never enters the relm of analog.. but I wanted to be sure..

Thanks,

crix0r

·
Registered
714 Posts
One concern I would point out with the "auto sensing" switch, is what happens when you throw in an always on component, like the Tivos? How do you switch it to the Tivo other than removing, and returning power to the Tivo or walking over to the device and doing it manually. Thats why I would presonally prefer the IR controlable switch.

DanW

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DanW
One concern I would point out with the "auto sensing" switch, is what happens when you throw in an always on component, like the Tivos? How do you switch it to the Tivo other than removing, and returning power to the Tivo or walking over to the device and doing it manually. Thats why I would presonally prefer the IR controlable switch.

DanW
My HD cable STB is an always on component, when I put in a DVD the 1154

"senses" it and switches...as soon as the disc stops it goes back to cable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.