Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

I'm having an odd problem and I'm not sure if it's a setup issue or I'm having a hardware failure.

When I set WinDVR's source to come from TV (that means, regular cable goes from my set-top box to my capture card), everything works as expected. I can watch and hear TV without any issues. The sound goes from my Set-top Box to my Sound Card and then to my Receiver over a digital coaxial cable (SPDIF).

I have also connected an S-VIDEO cable from my Set-top Box to my PC. Now, when I select the source to be S-VIDEO in WinDVR, I get video working however there is no sound.

Now, the question becomes is there something wrong with my configuration or is something wrong/disabled on the set-top box which does not actually output anything over the SP/DIF coaxial connection?

I hope I described my problem clearly enough for someone to be able to decipher it as a common issue... with a common resolution.

Thanks,

-- Navid

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is my current setup (and I actually bought $93 worth of premium cables to get the most out of it all):

S-Video connection from STB -> PC

Coaxial SP/DIF connection from STB -> PC, and

Coaxial SP/DIF connection from PC -> Receiver

DVI connection from PC -> Projector (PT-L300U)

Now, I can hear sound from my PC -> Receiver. So I know the output is correct. However, I cannot hear sound, only video, for TV. Which means either the STB's SP/DIF output is "broken" or SP/DIF input on my Aopen Daughter Card is "broken" -- naturally, we're assuming that both are not broken but rather it's a setup / setting issue. Any experienced this before?

Thanks,

-- Navid

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.