AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, but I've been using this forum for awhile reading threads and stuff for my HTPC ... I searched, but didn't find anything that would help this issue.

So my problem is trying to play AC3 audio output from my HTPC to my Pioneer receiver. I am using a sound blaster Live external (USB) sound card that has both digital coaxial and optical SPDIF outs. My PC is running windows XP SP2.

The problem is that when I set FFDshow (or MPC's internal AC3 Filter or AC3Filter) AC3 output to SPDIF, I get no audio what so ever. I tried using the optical and coax outs and get the same result. I have zero issues playing DTS content over the SPDIF, and if I set ffDshow to liba52 I get output, but not Dolby Digital obv.

When I got the CPU info tab of ffdshow there is no information listed when I get this problem, no input or output data. As well with AC3filer there is no input data either.

Anyone have any idea on this issue?

I hope this in the right forum, if not can the mods move it please and I apologize.

Thanks ahead a time.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Post a screenshot of your SPDIF configuration page. Preferably as it looks while you're playing the DVD.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok here they are

First is with AC3 set to spdif:

Second is with AC3 set to lib52 and using spdif output

If there is something else let me know and i'll post that

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm not sure how the external sound blaster cards work but on the internal one I have (Audigy 2 ZS) there is an Audio HQ menu and in there is an option to either decode AC3/DTS (default) or pass it through SPDIF. This must be changed before the settings in the players/filters can do anything. Something to check into on you card as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok ... where is that adjustment, I don't think there is the same for the external. The weird part is that is passes through DTS with no problems what so ever.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balagast /forum/post/14183534

ok i'll post them up

No, I meant ac3filter's SPDIF tab. Forget ffdshow for audio.

(You can attach it directly to your post without hosting using the "Manage Attachments" button.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts