AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty soundcard and for the life of me can't get MPC to passthrough DD/DTS via an optical cable to my Onkyo receiver. I've read through many threads and spent days searching, but so far have come up empty. I do get the DD/DTS to my receiver using Powerdvd, so I know it's either a setting I have screwed up in Ac3Filter, FFdshow audio decoder, or in my Creative settings. The ac3 filter gives the message:

"input format: DTS - 48000

User format: PCM24 3/2.1 (5.1) 0

Output format: PCM24 3/2.1 (5.1) 48000

Use SPDIF

SPDIF status: Disabled (SPDIF output is not supported)

Like I said I've tried just about everything, and my guess is that Creative has somehow disabled passthrough unless using a program such as Powerdvd. I don't see any options of the Creative audio console for decoder or passthrough. Any help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have creative platinum card. So launching creative console you should see DTS settings and enable external decoder. Using wmp classic under munu-filters>AC3>properties>Main> I selected 5.1 speakers under out put format,and checkmark spdif pass thru. Now under spdif tab under passthru, Iv'e un-checked for AC3, and checked DTS, and MPEG audio. That worked for me. These settings were aplied to WMP 11 too which is great as I don't see how to adjust settings with that player, and WMP11 is the only player that plays my TIVO files. Good luck, this took me a long time to figure out.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unfortunately there's no external decoder/dts settings in the creative console. It seem that they don't include those anymore from all I read. That they use Powerdvd/external programs to pass the audio. I'll try your menu suggestion in MPC or keep looking for a workaround to get the external decoder options back in the Creative console. Checked the ac3filter menu options, and already have it set up as you indicated. So it looks like the only program I can get the Creative soundcard to pass the audio with is Powerdvd without some way getting the external decoder options back that they removed from there software.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
try the newest Beta drivers from Creative labs...I assume you have Vista?

The new Beta drivers re-enable Dolby/DTS decoding by the card so you don't have to use the PowerDVD to do it.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven975 /forum/post/14186782

try the newest Beta drivers from Creative labs...I assume you have Vista?

The new Beta drivers re-enable Dolby/DTS decoding by the card so you don't have to use the PowerDVD to do it.

Sounds good with the beta drivers adding that function back, but I use windows xp, is that going to mess things up?

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
no, with XP you should have no problems with the existing driver.

it sounds like ac3filter is changing the signal type.

"Output format: PCM24 3/2.1 (5.1) 48000" is unsupported by spdif

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys im trying to route my ps3 5.1 through my xfi sound card via optical and having problems. Did you guys ever get optical input working on dolby or dts? Please walk me through it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts