Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is starting to annoy me now, but I can't seem to be able to get spdif dolby digital or DTS passthru with any DirectShow DVD player (ATI, Zoomplayer or WMP8). I'm currently running the release version of Windows XP pro. The audio filter that I'm using is one from WinDVD 2.8 (iviaudio 3.1.55). Passthru works perfectly with WinDVD 2.8 without filters. In Zoomplayer if I look at the filter properties 2 channel is selected and spdif is greyed out. Please Help!

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Niggenz,

Thanks, but I don't understand, I know that I have the WinDVD filter registered because zoomplayer tells me so. I do get sound but not DD or DTS.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I've noticed the same problem. Playing files with WinDVD 2.6.4, I can get AC3 S/PDIF output just fine but when using Zoom and other Directshow players with the ivi filters, selecting the S/PDIF just produces loud scratchy noises throught the analog out and nothing out the S/PDIF. If I unload the ivi filters and let it use the Cinemaster filter of the ATI player, Zoom player works fine with AC3 S/PDIF output.

·
Registered
82 Posts
this may not be useful :)

but I run SPDIF using Cinemaster filter only with Zoom Player.

under win98.

(Cinemaster stuff that came with ATI DVD 4.1)

appears there is only 1 filter does both audio and video.

you do need to use DVD genie to setup SPDIF.

I can send you a reg file if you like.

I can't see how WinDVD's audio filter could be any better.

bits is bits.

I could not make winDVD audio SPDIF work either under win98.

unregister WinDVD filters and try with just the Cinemaster.

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
sounds like a better route perhaps. I really would like to use the zoom player until some of the other players mature. I'm sure zoom player isn't going to stand still either. I've sent Blight a donation out of guilt of having DVDGenie and Zoom Player running on my system.

Would you be able to tell us which filters you register for successful AC3 out? Are you able to do DTS passthrough and DD?

I tried registering direct show filters under the WinDVD more options tab in DVD Genie and came up with a scrambled screen in zoom player. I believe I was trying to use the cinemaster decoders.

So basically if the DVD Genie settings seem to help with this whole process than the decoding filters must access registry settings somewhere. This means that you would need to have the respective players installed for best results. I guess.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just wanted to add that I do get Dolby prologic sound, just not passthru DD or DTS. I'm starting to think that when some people claim that they have this working, it is in fact just playing suround sound though the spdif.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Jeffy,

I'm using an external DD processor that has a display to indicate the presence of AC3 and the number of channels being decoded. Using WinDVD, you do get DD5.1 out the S/PDIF. Using Zoom with the WinDVD ivi filters you don't. Using Zoom with the Cinemaster combined filter, you do.

I have no idea if it also passes DTS because my processor doesn't have it.

Gary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.