AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have read many many posts, and one thing I have come across a lot is that LCR speakers should all be at ear level.

Now I just got my 60" (54.8W) Plasma and planning to put all three in-wall speakers beneath it as in the picture.

Now will I get good sound or should I stretch out the L&R speakers

Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBrat /forum/post/19642087

Stretching them out a little is always better for a fuller, and less localized, sound stage.

Thanks for the quick response. I guess I have to sacrifice aesthetics over

sound.

I will still keep all three at ear level, but will stretch out L&R by 6". I do not have a lot of room to play with.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
I would second the suggestion to space them further apart. As one data point (certainly not a law, but an informed suggestion), THX suggests L & R speakers be between 22 and 30 degrees to the left and right of the center.

http://www.thx.com/consumer/home-ent...peaker-set-up/

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK I sperated them as far as possible, I am limited with space, plus I do not want to rebuild a wall.

Stud placement is a big pain. I will have to cut out one stud to make room for the center speaker, that same stud is also holding the center of the mount.

But that wont matter as I have to move the mount 1-2 inches to the left and double up right side stud. TV is already all the way on the left of the mount.

Below are some pics, and thanks for the info.

This is the right hand speaker, as you can see I can not go any further to the left

This is the left speaker, it also cannot go any further to the left.

This Stud will be partly cutout to make room for the center speaker

This is how the front looks now, TV is a little off center based on the speakers, but will be fixing that soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.