AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to start building my columns, but I can't yet decide whether to allow accessibility in them, or just cover them completely in GOM. I've seen both versions on these forums, but from the pics I can't distinguish whether the speaker covers are excessively noticeable.

For those of you with speaker accessible columns, are the removable covers clearly visible (distracting)???

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Once the speakers are mounted and working, why would you have to ever access them?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharerware /forum/post/0

I'm ready to start building my columns, but I can't yet decide whether to allow accessibility in them, or just cover them completely in GOM. I've seen both versions on these forums, but from the pics I can't distinguish whether the speaker covers are excessively noticeable.

For those of you with speaker accessible columns, are the removable covers clearly visible (distracting)???

Thanks!!

I put a removable panel on mine and it is not noticeable. The GOM is black and that may have something to do with it. Also, I rarely have my lights at full power except when cleaning the theater.

As far as why you would need to access it, you rarely would need to unless one does go out, the connection comes loose, or you want to switch them out. It seems easier to remove a panel than the whole column if the need arises.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input No Clue. I checked out your photos and you're right, it's hard to notice them. I guess most of the time that I see photos of columns on the forums, people likely use a flash that makes it easier to notice the removable part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.