AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just bought a Denon AVR-591 5.1 and i was hoping to get advice, or get pointed in the right direction as to what speakers I should start building with. Any information possible would help me out thankx!!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
You're going to get attacked with tons of brands, etc. But before you do, why don't you give us the dimensions of the room you intend to use the speakers in. Also tell us what you plan to use the speakers for.

Give us a __x__ dimension and a percentage of movie/music/gaming (Ex. 12x10 room and 50/30/20 movie/music/gaming).

This all helps because every speaker has its strong points, so you're going to want to find the type of speaker to fit what you most would use them for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The room is about 10x25 with huge 30 foot ceilings ( the width 10" being the viewing distance from seating to LED basically wall to wall ) while % wise 80 / 10 / 10 movie / music / gaming I do need wireless back speakers due to hardwood flooring and high ceilings, no way to run wires.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Many people are going to give you link suggestions.

I've been doing reading on speakers and supposedly the HSU horns are not overly "bright", so they wouldn't sound too bad with your hardwood. HSU makes great subs which would be great for your movies.

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/enthusiast2.html

thats $1250 with room to buy your wireless kit somewhere + wires and stands/mounts if needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.