Just for fun.....please participate.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Infinity Primus 363 - bought a month ago, for my decrepit 94 y/o mother's room

Martin Logan reQuest, bought in February of 1998, main system

Martin Logan SL3 bought in 1995, bedroom system

Realistic Solo 103 - from about 1973 or so - in the garage

Still have a pair of Pilot speakers from 1959 - in a little room that is a memorial to deceased family members

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I'm not sure what to select in the poll since I have too many speakers :p. I'll list the ones I either currently use or intend to at some point:

* In my garage (and to pull out into the backyard if needed) I have some super wide towers I got from my ex's dad. Don't even know the make. They are certainly in the 12+ year category. Basically old beater speakers.

* Also in the 12+ year category I have a pair of Boston Acoustics T-830's. These are packed away until I get a larger house. Would be for a den or something that just needs a nice stereo setup. I also have boxed away a matching (tweeter) center and old school (limited frequency range) Dolby Prologic dipoles. Though I doubt those will get use at this point.

* For what used to be my living room home theater setup and now awaiting building of a dedicated home theater is a 7.1 Onix Rocket setup in ebony macassar. Though this may be upgraded for more dynamic speakers if they don't fit my needs in a dedicated room. The setup consists of 4 x RS750 (MLS Signature Editions), RSC200 ('bigfoot'), and 2 x RSS300 adaptive dipoles.

I'm kind of bad with dates, but I believe that would be in the 10-12 year category? Not sure I want to search for the fall of av123 and reopen old wounds :p

* Along with the above I bought that nice little Onix SP3 Melody tube amp and Onix Reference 1 MkII rosewood speakers combo. So those would also be in the 10-12 year category? Currently they are packed away but I'm planning to use them as a little dedicated 2-channel setup as space provides.

* In my bedroom I have a 3.1 setup of with Mirage OS3-SAT's across the front. I have another pair I plan to use as surrounds at some point. I got these on sale at some place online I can't recall. These would be in the 2-4 year category I believe?

* Finally my living room currently employs a 5.1 setup using 4 x Mirage OMD-5's and a Mirage OMD-C1. These were purchased a little while after the above SAT's as part of the initial Vann's sales. So that also puts them in the 2-4 year category? Note, I'm using a Boston Acoustics VR-2000 subwoofer with this. That's in the 12+ year category.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
0-2 mains, 12+ bedroom

Reactions: 49Merc

·
Registered
19,104 Posts
I bought my Martin Logan Motion 40's and Motion FX surround speakers exactly 2 years ago today, followed by Motion 16LX wide speakers and Motion 4 height speakers a month or so later. And I replaced the Motion 8 center channel with a Motion SLM XL about 3 months ago. Best home theater speakers I've owned yet !

·
Registered
30,264 Posts
My DIY LCR in my dedicated room are less than a year old.
My three pair of JBL 8340's were bought used, but old enough that I had to replace the surrounds.
I have four RBH SI-760 in-walls and one RBH SE-661 from 1999.
Pair of RBH SE-661 from 2006.
Pair of Yamaha NS-690 III. I bought these new in the late 70's or early 80's. These were my first good set of speakers and I have just kept them. :)

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
Main speakers Magnepan MG-IIIa from 1988.
Newest is a Mirage set of miniSats, OMD-5, and sub only seven years old; also the surrounds and centre to go with my Maggies bought the same year (~2008).
Wide range in between including a pretty nice LCR/Sub Infinity Alpha system and pair of Kef Reference something-or-others.

Reactions: 49Merc

·
Premium Member
8,060 Posts
I bought my Martin Logan Motion 40's and Motion FX surround speakers exactly 2 years ago today, followed by Motion 16LX wide speakers and Motion 4 height speakers a month or so later. And I replaced the Motion 8 center channel with a Motion SLM XL about 3 months ago. Best home theater speakers I've owned yet !

Nice room, any more picks somewhere?

Ray

·
Registered
11,709 Posts
My oldest speaker is my B&W Nautilus 803's, they are 17 years old.
My DIY mains are just over a year old.

I just rebuilt my system not too long ago, so the average system component is only ~3 years old.

·
Registered
19,104 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Infinity Overture 1 mains (1999)
DIY 2.5 way center channel (2010)
DIY dipole surrounds (2010-2011)
12" sub with PR (2013)

Garage system
DIY 3 way vertical line arrays (2011-2012)
DIY Push-pull slot loaded subwoofers (2013-2014)

2014/2015 is upgrading the electronics in the garage system and fine tuning both systems. Future plans are some DIYSG mains/surrounds in the next few years.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
I have a pair of Big-Box Monkey-Coffin 12" speakers that I use on a regular basis, which I have had in some form or another since 1978. Though they have been rebuilt a couple of times.

While they were my prime speakers for decades, they are now the back up speakers that only get used as a second set for Movies.

My current main speakers were purchased in 2009 making them 6 years old.

Steve/bluewizard

·
Banned
5,183 Posts
That's a pretty interesting graph. Half the folks here have new speakers or old speakers. The other half of the people fill up the middle. Almost seems to follow the laws of randomness.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a pair of 1978 Klipsch Heresy speakers that I use for my 2.1 music. I have never re-foamed them or anything, and they still sound fantastic to these ears.

I lost the front "Klipsch" plate to one of them during a move in 2000. Klipsch sent me a replacement plate, but it's in a different style and I didn't have the heart to stick it on there.

I've got them in storage right now while we sell our house, but they will go right back to work after our new house is built.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts