AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I've been reading around the forums and doing some searches and have come down to only a few questions. I really enjoyed reading the concise FAQ linked at the beginning of the forum.

We are building our theater out from scratch and will likely initiate all of our speaker cables with banana plugs for ease of installation into the amp and receiver, but on the other ends, I have concerns about whether to directly wire the speakers or if it is OK (or minimally harmful) to terminate the cables into a wall plate and run a second cable to the speaker.

Can anyone offer some resources or thoughts on this topic? I'm not worried about visuals because the wires will all be hidden anyhow, but I want to do the best for the build!

Thanks!

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
I have concerns about whether to directly wire the speakers or if it is OK (or minimally harmful) to terminate the cables into a wall plate and run a second cable to the speaker.
It will have exactly the same effect as connecting AC wiring from your breaker box to wall outlets, and then plugging AC powered devices into those wall outlets: None. ;)

Reactions: mtnboydl
1 - 3 of 3 Posts