AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade speaker cable currently have monster 10gauge. Any suggestions would be apreciated.

Currently my system consists of:

Lexicon MC-1

Cinepro 3K6

Rotel 993

Rotel 991

Toshiba progressive dvd

Sony VW10HT

Paradigm studio 100s

monster speaker cable

straightwire IC

And these speaker cables will be for Home Theater use only and will need to be about 35ft long that if that matters matters.

And I would like to stay in the $1000.00 price range.

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi there, David!

...Just my humble opinion, but if you're mainly concerned about HT application, and need to use those long runs of cable (35 ft. or so), there is a good chance that your current 10 awg. Monster Cable will provide all the performance you need at this stage.

In my opinion, upgrading cables may provide a subtle sonic improvement in some systems; being "may", "subtle", and "in some systems" the operative words here.

Again in my opinion, your system looks pretty well balanced to me. If you're itching for spending some $1,000 in your hobby, I'd suggest you investing it on software (ie. CDs, DVDs).

Anyway, if you're still interested on exploring the cable upgrade avenue, be advise that brands such as Granite Audio, Harmonic Technology, JPS Labs, Better Cables, and DH Labs have received consistent good reviews/opinions in this and other forums.

Another possibility would be to invest those thousand bucks in good AC power conditioning. In my opinion, this would provide better bang for the buck performance-wise. The PS Audio P300 Power Plants and the Richard Gray devices are withing this sort of budget.

Good luck!

J.V.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.