AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always thought very highly of the B&W Nautilus speakers for stereo (music only) listening and was planning to invest in a B&W surround system for my new theater. However, I find that in using a cheap surround system I have allot of difficulty with dialog clarity. I know my current equipment is not adequate for reference and maybe my ears are getting old. In any event, I would appreciate any thoughts about systems that might be a better choice than the B&Ws for my needs or are they a still good way to go. I've read on this forum that the dispersion associated with THX speakers tends to produce good dialog clarity. My room is 15X22 and I need to work in the sub $10K range for the speakers. Thanks in advance.

David

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
David:

I'm a little confused by your post. You profess admiration for B&W Nautilus, and then mention "a cheap surround system". I can assure you that in HT, there is very little overlap between B&W Nautilus and "cheap". Dialog clarity is normally a product of the center channel speaker, and the B&W HTM1 (at $2K MSRP) is one of the best. A judiciously chosen $10K system with Nautilus speakers would be one of many great choices in that price range. I'm sure others will offer more ideas...

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.