AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently am using Monitor Audio Silver 5i and 10i center and NHT Super zero surrounds for my HT. I must say I am a little unhappy with the NHTs.

I now need upstairs speakers for music and my choices are as follows.

1) Replace my 5i with 9is and use the 5is for upstairs.Also get Monitor Audio Surrounds. Cost $1800

2) Buy a diva speaker system for the HT and use the 5is for upstairs.Cost $2000

How do the Divas compare to Monitor audio silver speakers??

· Registered
177 Posts
Charlies,

I have owned the Monitor Audio 5's and then upgraded to the MA Gold 60's which kick the crap out of the 5's. They are rich. Then I upgraded to Michael Green Designs Chameleons which blew away the 60's like they were standing still. If it's in the budget there is no question about the MGD speaks. www.tunevilla.com

The site is currently down for construction but should be back up shortly.

· Registered
782 Posts
Charlies,

Before you buy the Divas, find a local Atlantic Technologies dealer and check out their 370 and 450thx systems.

John

· Registered
177 Posts
The GR60's are $4000/pair retail. There is a used pair on Audiogon in the classifieds for $2300 + shipping. I wouldn't be afraid to purchase these used. It takes about 100 hrs. to break these in anyway. I have found Monitor Audio to be great service wise. I blew a couple of woofers on the 5's (pushing too hard) and had the replacements in a few days.

As I said, these are alot warmer/richer sounding than the 5's, 7's, and 9's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.