AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey AVS guys!

I'm building a 5.1 surround sound system and I already have some Bose 201 series 4 (they were free, so don't hate me just yet) speakers as my rear speakers. I just bought a Polk Audio center channel and it sounds great. I was wondering if I were to replace the rears with Polk Audio Monitor 30's would they sound much better than the 201's? Do you think the quality difference is worth $100?

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Yes.

What are your FRONT speakers?

The Monitor 40 will make good front speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Reinhold  /t/1417272/speaker-comparison#post_22162486

Hey AVS guys!

I'm building a 5.1 surround sound system and I already have some Bose 201 series 4 (they were free, so don't hate me just yet) speakers as my rear speakers. I just bought a Polk Audio center channel and it sounds great. I was wondering if I were to replace the rears with Polk Audio Monitor 30's would they sound much better than the 201's? Do you think the quality difference is worth $100?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using some Boston Acoustic A70's as my front and they're actually amazing, I was just thinking i might need to replace my rears as they're a little dinged up but still work fine. Just seeing if it was worth the $100. If I was going to upgrade the fronts I'd grab some Polk Monitor 60's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts