AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased my first HT setup thanks to advice from this board. Nothing spectacular, but I'm excited so far. I have two questions regarding hooking up the speakers to my Denon-1802.

I have 2 subs now and if possible I would like to use both. One is a older BIC 12" and the other is a Polk 10". I may not need both, but the BIC will just collect dust if I don't hook it up. The 1802 doesn't have dual sub-outs, so somehow I have to connect them together. The salesman said this would be no problem, but I don't put much faith in that. They both have the RCA-Type inputs (Filtered\\unfiltered) and the standard 4 speaker input\\output. How can I do this? Should I do this?

Also, after going through the manuals for the Polk speakers (Fronts, Center, and Surrounds) it says the best way to hook up the front speakers is to the sub instead of each going directly to the receiver. Is this the correct way to do it? And if so, how does it affect my first question?

Thanks!

-ASchrades

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would probably split the LF signal out of the amp and run one to each sub. Thats the channel that is .1 in 5.1 and 6.1. Theres no need to use the signal from the mains. Plus this setup is alot easier. You can pick up a splitter at Ratshack for about 3 bucks too....

dinger

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.