AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a onix x-cs center and 2 x-ls's for fronts. Now the problem is if i order a set of x-ls's for rears like i was going too, will they sound bad because they are rear ported and i have to put them against the wall?

or would it be ok to go with something like HTD Level 3 Bookshelve speakers for the rears because there port is in the front?

Also i know the 3 fronts should be matches but is it ok to go with a different speaker brand just for the rear surrounds?

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I wouldn't be too concerned with the rear port issue. There is not allot of lf in the rear channels anyway. You could put your existing x-ls back there and try it out.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i decided to get the x-cs center and 2 x-ls for fronts. I ordered 2 HTD Level 3 Bookshelve speakers for the rear surrounds. Hopefully this will not make a difference in sound because they don't match the front 3. Also have a MFW 15 Sub on pre-order from AV123.

They will be powered by a Yamaha RX-V1700. Which i got an excellent deal on $838.00 with extended 3 year warranty.

I just hope with the money i spent this receiver and speaker setup sounds better then my Current Panasonic HTIB.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
You can always stuff the rear ports if the speaker is too boomy next to a wall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.