AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

After about a week of research i figured i'll get your advice.

I am setting up a new 7.1 system with Denon-3806. For a sub i got a Klipsch-RSW12B. Now here's a kicker - I have a Bose center channel and 4 of those Bose dual-cube speakers which were hooked up to Bose lifetime system (which was damaged in the move). So I'd like to use these 4 cube speakers for back and back surround and want to get 2 floor standing speakers for front. Don't want to drop a tonn of money, something within 300 per speaker (well, maybe a bit more =). Currently I am looking at either Infinity Primus-P362, Infinity ALPHA50CH, or JBL - Stadium Venue Series, but those are my choices. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
781 Posts
This is just my guess but you REALLY don't want to mix the mini bose double-cube speakers with anything of much better quality. You will have a VERY different sound between your speakers if you go this route.

I would ditch the bose entirely, get your floorstanding speakers first, then get the rest as you afford it. Might be neat going from 2.1 to 3.1 to 5.1 to 7.1

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Well I guess I would say, you won't have to spend alot of $$ here to get a better speaker set then bose... but my suggestion would be to get 3 front speakers right from the start.

It is critical to quality movie experience to Match your Front L & R with your Center Channel.

You might get a bit more bang for the buck with internet based company's that are highly reguarded here on the board

Warp

·
Registered
196 Posts
Agreed. I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I think the cubes are adequate for temporary surround duty if you want to roll those dollars into your LCR budget. I say LCR because that center is not adequate for incorporation into a new system or any other. BTW, it is impossible, IMO, to overdo it on the sub, especially for HT.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I'd personally get 3 matching front speakers(L/C/R), and then move the Bose to surround duty until you can get more funds together to replace them as well(and I WOULD replace them).

The 3 front are BY FAR the most important to have match well, the Bose will be OK as surrounds for now, because they don't get alot of use anyway on MOST movies, mostly ambience and stuff.

The sub is fine.

You'll most likely get more speaker for your $ going internet direct.

Ascend,AV123 and others will serve you well, and COMPLETELY and utterly destroy those Bose speakers.

You also could go audition speakers locally to get an idea of what you like, and who knows, maybe have a great deal fall into your lap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx you all, i guess i'm putting the cubes up on ebay =). so amonth these 3 - Infinity Primus-P362, Infinity ALPHA50CH, or JBL - Stadium Venue Series for fronts (will probably get matching center for either) which one is pereferable?

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
You can get the infinity beta series speakers too, they would be better than any of those you listed and probably cost as much or less. Go to www.theaudiovideosource.com , they sell full A stock factory refurbished infinity speakers. All of their products are certified by infinity to look and sound new, and to prove it, infinity backs all of these products with a full warrenty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thx armystud. good link. i was looking at beta, but they were a bit too expensive, but refurbished prices are pretty good. i think i'm gonna go with:

center : c360 ($199)

LR : Beta 50 (249x2=$499)

also will probably get the ES 250 ($179x2=$358)for surround (once the bose sell on ebay)

and the Beta 20 ($115x2=$230) for back (i assume those would make good back speakers)

considering that bose sells at about $50 per cube + $150 for center - i'll be looking at:

199+499+358+230-350=$935 for all Beta which is pretty good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.