AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my 37 yard roll of black Sensa fabric seems to have magically disappeared after only 10 yards were used, and I need to get more. The supplier I went to before has a very limited stock, and I can't get the price that I did before. Is there an alternate fabric that GOM makes that is the same as Sensa? Like how Open House and Anchorage are the same except for the roll widths.

Or does anyone know of any other somewhat reasonable places to get Sensa fabric?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Well, my 37 yard roll of black Sensa fabric seems to have magically disappeared after only 10 yards were used, and I need to get more. The supplier I went to before has a very limited stock, and I can't get the price that I did before. Is there an alternate fabric that GOM makes that is the same as Sensa? Like how Open House and Anchorage are the same except for the roll widths.

Or does anyone know of any other somewhat reasonable places to get Sensa fabric?
Got my GOM from this guy on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guilford-of...309?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a15c2f5d

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Unfortunately, that is who I used previously. I got a roll of 37 yds for 2.50 a yard. Now he only has 9-12 yards at the 10.99 price. I need 20-25 yards. I can wait and see if he gets more in, but who knows when that will be. Or I can buy what he has and get the rest elsewhere.

This might cost me near $500 for more fabric if I can't find an alternative.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fabricmate.com

bite the bullet, pay full price, If you ordered 27 how did you get shorted? did he charge by the sq yard not the linear yard?
Somebody apparently "misplaced" the roll.

I don't think fabricmate has the Sensa.

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,127 Posts
Nobody has Sensa, ALL GOM ships from GOM. The vendors are nothing but order processors who pay GOM wholesale and pocket the difference. It ships from GOM. just call them to place the order.

there may be a a few vendors that keep a supply of what they use on hand for their own products but it doesn't make sense to inventory 100 fabric styles in all the various colors

If you have connections with a local interior decorator that handles commercial spaces they may have an account with GOM.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Somebody apparently "misplaced" the roll.

I don't think fabricmate has the Sensa.
I ordered Black Sensa from fabricmate and had in possession in less than 5 days. Paid $19.50/linear yard from what I recall.....................remember, fabric is approximately 68 inches wide by 36 inches per..................almost a 2 for 1 deal. ;):D

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,127 Posts
you have to call for anything not listed. trust me, not my first sewing bee. You assume that companies list every product they can order for you on their website. Some of the fabrics used for Lemonade weren't listed but they got them for us.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Apologies for bringing this post back from the dead, but it appears GOM may not make Sensa anymore? I don’t even see it listed on their website, let alone online retailers. Anyone know where I might be able to pick up some sensa fabric? I am hiding speakers with panels, and I need something that looks as close to the GOM Anchorage as possible (I am using anchorage for all the sound absorption panels).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.