AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well..i am just a student and now i am interested to fiddle around with hifi gear, i already had an amplifier, it's made by Pioneer and the watt per channel is 40RMS...

now there's some confusing things that annoyed me, now i had a set of multimedia speaker...it's Klipsch Promedia, and i am quite impressed at the sound produce by it, do you guys think that if i buy a bookshelf/floorstand, it will produce that kind of thunderous sounds produced by Klipsch, i knew that for Jazz type of songs, definitely those bookshelf or the floorstand win hands down, because they have much larger driver, but how about the bass.?.since those bookshelf/floorstand doesn't came with a woofer, will they produce adequate bass for my needs...like when watching movies...

there's few choice i can lend my hand on, first of all, it's a brand new Mission M73...or i can buy a second hand old speaker, the brand is JMLabs Megane Carat (with 1inch inverted tweeter and 7inch Kevlar), i can't find any information regarding this...but i can get the JMLabs at roughly usd350...i knew it's expensive but in my country everything is expensive...

do you think my Pioneer Amplifier (model A402) still ok.?.because it's quite old and do you think it's capable of driving either the Mission or the JMLabs.?.but the most important thing is, i at least hope this coming setup will be better than my Klipsch Multimedia speaker, i only sometimes doubt how the bookshelf(JMLabs) or the floorstand (Mission M73) can produce bass like what my Klipsch Promedia produced...since Promedia having twin 6.5inch woofer...

may be my question sounds a bit stupid but hope you guys can give me some of your opinions...thanx

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.