AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went speaker shopping again this weekend. Went to look at the KEF Q series speakers at Harvey Electronics in Paramus. While they were okay, they didn't seem well suited for HT. Then I went to Stereo City in Denville to listen to the M&K 750 THX system. Now this system rocked. I had gotten a price from the dealer of $2,138.00, down from the retail price of over $2,650.00. After listening, I told the sales rep that I'd take the package. Unfortunately, they only have the rear surrounds in stock. All else was on a 6 week backorder. I was bummed. The sale guy then asks if I'd be interested in a deal of the floor demos. Well I checked out the demo's and they looked real clean. So I say okay - give me a price. The sales guy goes and talks to the manager and comes back with a price of $1600.00 for the whole package. That was another $550.00 off their best price. I was floored. I tell them to pack em up. I spent all day yesterday setting them up. But I still haven't heard them in my house cause I have yet to go through the receiver set up. Hopefully, I'll get to it tonight.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I get really happy when someone finds a set of speakers that speak to them and even happier when a bargain on those speakers falls into their lap. Great get BartStar.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bartstar
Then I went to Stereo City in Denville
Don't you mean Sound City ??? I got my Velodyne SPL1200 from them last year, and also got a great deal.....Retail was $1300, but I got it for $925 (including tax, and brand spanking new!).

And......congrats on your new setup !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.